Author Interview with Scarlet Le Clair

For this week's author spotlight, we interviewed Scarlet Le Clair.   Scarlet is the author of the Zombie Apocalypse book George:  The Long Road Home.  She has been very poorly this week so a big thank you to her for taking time out to answer our questions.

Scarlet lives in a small village in the Welsh Valley's, UK.  She loves to read and can mostly be found with a book in her hand.

Q.  At what point in your life did you realise you wanted to be a writer?

Scarlet:  I've always had a love of reading and because of that I enjoyed writing my own short stories.

Q.  Where do you draw your inspiration, do you ever in some ways use real life experiences?

Scarlet:  Some of it is from real life.  Lately, it comes to me in dreams or at three o'clock in the morning when I'm trying to get my son back to sleep.

Q.  Do you need peace and quiet to write or do you have a playlist to keep you going?  If you do would you share it with us?

Scarlet: I need peace and quiet, I don't have the TV or music on

Q.  Are your characters always a complete work of fiction or is there an element of someone you know to get the idea rolling?

Scarlet:  So far all my characters have been a work of fiction. Although I tweaked my character George's appearance to match my cover model Elman Espana.  I have another work in progress that I am co authoring with Lizzie James that is loosely based on a real person.

Q.  What are your experiences of being an indie author?  Do you find social media is a help or a distraction to your writing?

Scarlet:  Lol.  It can be both. Facebook is a huge problem for me I'll go on for 2 minutes and a hour later I'm still on there!  But it can also be a really good place to pimp my books, through my page, SASS street team and various takeovers.

Q.  What are you currently working on or is it a secret?

Scarlet:  I have just completed the third book in the Torn Trilogy, I just need to do the edits.  and I'm working on another with Lizzie James but that's all I can say!

Q.  George is quite a departure from your first two books, was it a hard decision to change genre's? 

Scarlet:  I've always loved horror and the creepy side of things since I was younger,  I love the Goosebumps Series and the Darren Shan books and as I grew older that morphed into a love of all things Zombie.  I think in enjoy the survivors POV, and what they need to do in order to survive.

Q.  If you could be any character you have written, who would you choose?

Scarlet:  Sam.  Who wouldn't want to be between two hot lifeguard brothers?

Q.  What are you currently reading?

Scarlet:  I have just finished Into the Nothing by B.T Urruela, it was amazing.

Q.  Fictional Dinner Party!  Give me 5 fictional characters or authors who you would have as dinner companions.

Scarlet:  Dumbledore, Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, Dean Winchester and Mike Talbot (from the Zombie Fallout Series by Mark Tufo)

Scarlett, thank you so much for taking the time out to do this interview with us and we hope you feel better soon! 

George: The Long Road Home is available now!
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9E8N8C/
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01F9E8N8C/