Throwback Thursday - The Handmaid's Tale

Today is Throwback Thursday and carrying on from last week's guest spot, I am joined to today by fellow like minded blogger Rebecca Milhoan from Rebecca's BiblioGal Book Review!


Her focus is on Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Historical and Super Hero reads, so if that is up your strasse then check our her blog at https://bibliogalblog.com or on facebook.


Today she has chosen The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.




Rebecca:  I read this book as a Junior in High School, which is year 12 I think in the UK.  It was required and based on the cover I foolishly believed it was some sort of medieval fantasy story.  I was most certainly wrong!  I loved it though and it got me started on my now life long love of Dystopian Novels.  It's a masterful tale about what could happen if the wrong people came into power and how it would affect the average person.  I could even apply it to what's happening today in the political arena worldwide, especially the part about Canada being an escape route (insert smirk here).

Post-Apocalyptic Playground:
My first experience of this book was actually when I watched the film.  Whilst visually it's very much of it's time, I was completely pulled in by the story which was quite brutal at times.  One of my top reads too!