Bookish Ramblings Part 8

So after a slightly morose rambling at the weekend I'm trying to get back to my usual self, I have carried on with a new IG post for today picking up with a book challenge yay! I've gone back to adding toys in with my posts, which was my signature at the start and I have had a positive comment already which is making me feel happy to have continued!

Reading wise, I have recently finished Caraval and you can check out my review of it here I am glad that I went in with an open mind, you may remember that a couple of friends who had read it, hadn't really enjoyed it but I'm glad that I didn't let that cloud my view as I really could hardly put it down!  I'm aware that the follow up, Legendary, is in the pipeline so I'm excited for that release too.  I did, as part of my payday book buy pick up Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo but I have decided next to go to a series which has been on my shelf for a while and I keep promising to start - so tonight I will start on The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Those of you who follow me on other platforms will know that my mini me is a massive reader too and we have just finished Amelia Fang and the Barbaric Ball by Laura Ellen Anderson. This looks to be a new children's series and it is a wonderful read.  If you have children between 6-10 years I think they would adore this book.  It's not only wonderfully written, with just the right amount of childhood grossness (not too much to make it puerile) the illustrations inside are fabulous as well.  Images that snake through the page and around the words, every page is different and great for keeping young minds captivated.  The story is enough to keep parents, who are reading it as a bed time story, entertained and also challenging enough for older children reading alone, I would really recommend it!

I've had confirmation too that my fairyloot box for November is being prepared, I honestly cannot wait to receive this later on in the month, I hope it's all I have built it up to be lol.  I have also found out that today 2 of my friends have managed to get the December box so I will hopefully have reading buddies for when that box arrives.

I'm feeling positive about this week and now I'm going to settle down with a nice cup of tea from my Marvin the Martian mug and get engrossed in the world of The Maze Runner :)