Bookish Ramblings presents: My most anticipated reads for 2018!

2018 promises a wealth of awesome new reads and I'm still utterly in love with my rebuilt relationship with traditional publishing and paperback books.  I still have a special place for my Indie roots though and there are just as many great books coming out from my Indie favs too!

Highest on my list is "A Court of Frost and Starlight" by Sarah J Maas, this is a novella set between the aftermath of ACOWAR and the new books focusing on the relationships outside of Feyre and Rhysand.  *****Spoilers***** This is pegged to be set during the rebuilding of Velaris after Hyburn's attack and whilst I'm hoping that for the most part this will be a light hearted retrospective from the characters, I'm also hoping that it will reveal Rhysands plan to actually not allow members of the Night Court access to Velaris in quite the way they hoped.  Sarah J Maas was my break out, new to me author of 2017 and I can't wait to soak up more of her work in 2018.

Next up is "Legendary" the follow up to Caraval by Stephanie Garber.  I have to say that I thought long and hard about adding this to my list.  Caraval was an awesome read, I loved the world and the creativity and how I found myself trying to solve all the riddles myself (yet always coming up short) and ultimately missing the important clues I needed.  But I found that Scarlett's easy distraction from her task by boys irksome.  Even with that though, Legendary is a book that I'm looking forward to reading, I loved the concept of Caraval, the beautifully woven world and the characters, if there is more of the same to come with Legendary then I'm going to be a very happy girl.

"Subject Zero" by M.A. Phipps is the conclusion to the Project W.A.R trilogy.  The books are now being published through Seven Sisters Publishing, the first book Ultraxenopia has been through a re-release already, With Type-X being re-released soon, both with gorgeous new covers.  I'm so excited to get to the conclusion of Wynter's story, she has been through so much already; going from normal a girl to a science experiment, to a weapon and to a rebel, it's hard to begin to fathom what she could be faced with next.  Details are few at the moment but given how much I love the first two books I just know I'm going to love it.

Deranged Angels and Cannibal Hearts, book 3 in the Dead things series by Martina McAtee.  This is such a gorgeous series with diverse characters and plenty of snark.  I have been lucky enough to get some sneak peeks of both the cover and some excerpts though her fan group on facebook, Martina's Deadlings.  If the teasers I have seen are anything to go by, I'll be dropping everything when this releases.

My final book that I am looking forward to is back to Sarah J Maas and her contribution to the DC Icons series.  Catwoman, Soulstealer has a back story I already know (I struggled last year with Leigh Bardugo's Wonderwoman as I didn't really know much about the character)  I can't wait for the direction that she takes with this as it's likely to be the most contemporary book she has written.

I was able to briefly chat with Lydia Sherrer as I was hopeful that another instalment of the Lily Singer Adventures might be on its way, she is super busy with projects at the moment so we may not see more from Lily herself in 2018 but I have my fingers crossed!